Sunday, July 12, 2009

Unplanned trip to Johor


I was summoned to Bandar Tenggara to attend an important audit last Wednesday. Woah!! We were in the midst of being audited by an important customer...!! No choice, I had to leave it to my assistant and my right hand man.. Not expecting good results actually (Pessimist!). Faez was going to drive so I was relieved. So, I dragged Sheema along and we both quickly went home to pack. Ohh!! I didn't drive that day so I had to borrow Ija's car to go home. As expected, Ija was always ever willing to lend her Iswara to me. Thanks a lot Ija dearie!!

Alhamdulillah, the trip was smooth and we managed to reach the factory before 5pm. We stayed at the hostel and I couldn't sleep that night ... I was having nightmares!! Maybe because I didn't cite enough doa.


After a long day of audit the next day, we went looking for luggage/bag. My old faithful bag was torn at the side zipper and the contents were spilling out. Found a nice purple one after the 1st stop. Then we went browsing at the textile shop and got hooked on 2 scarfs and baju kurung material in green. We ended our evening 'exploration' at Soto Warisan. I ordered Kuew Teow Hongkong @ Kungfu that was so scrumptious and the tembikai laici was so refreshing..


The next day we left to Labis for a supplier audit. We left Labis around 2.00 PM and reached Muar at 3.00PM. Then our exploration for food begun. 1st stop was at the Muar bus station located at the river bank. We were quite lucky as we managed to watch the marine police trying their new speed boat labelled Tornado. They made few spins on the river before they left to the open sea.. Wow! The roaring engine really made me so excited!. We tried mee bandung that was quite nice.. with strong dried shrimp flavour. We left for late solat Zuhur at the old Masjid Muar painted in light blue. The masjid is located at Tanjung Mas (hope I get the it right as I was confused between Tanjung Mas and Tanjung Agas) opposite the new Masjid Muar which is located across the river, also painted in light blue. We later tried rojak petis eventhough we were quite full with the mee bandung. Everyone managed to clear our plates.

Didn't snap photo so have to download from flickr. Thanks xoul!

After the rojak petis, we headed to the highway. On the way, we stopped at one of the gerai for Pau Muar. I bought 2 pcs of each filling i.e. coconut, red bean, kaya, chicken and beef. This time we tapau as there's no more space in our belly.


Before reaching the highway entrance, we spotted few durian sellers along the road side. I was asked if I want to try some and off course I can't resist fresh durian kampung. That was the first time I ate durian while standing at the road side and actually enjoying it. Who can resist the luscious durian kampung and durian kunyit??





We headed straight to Port Klang after the durian.. Burp!!

0 comments: